Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Juice #1

 For the last few years I've been on a quest to eat healthier.  Having a son who is allergic to...well...a lot, has been a great motivator for me.  Recently I was able to preview Hungry for Change, a film put out by the creators of Food Matters.  They talked about juicing as a way to get your full daily amounts of fruits and veggies and also as a way to help reboot your body.  To heal itself.  I've still to watch Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, which is all about how a guy who was 100 lbs overweight and very unhealthy, challenged himself to drink only fresh fruits and veggies for 60 days, in a last attempt to put off the weight and heal his body.  It apparently worked for him.  Recently I acquired a juicer of my own (a Breville Juice Fountain Pro), so I've slowly but surely been working it into my diet.  For the last couple of days I've only tried the basic apple, carrot, celery.  Today I made a slight variation and added beet.  SO tasty!  I absolutely love the color of beets.  It really did turn out this color...no photoshopping, I promise!  I reluctantly shared with Music Man and Monkey, which I quickly found to be a mistake.  They both LOVED it.  Not a problem, I just made a second batch! :-)  I can't wait to try more!


  • 1 beet
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 celery stalks
  • 2 apples (I used Fuji)
Be sure to wash all your fruits and veggies real well.  Send 'em on through the juicer.  Enjoy!


For those of you interested, my "basic" juice is as follows:

  • 2 apples (I used Fuji)
  • 2 carrots
  • 2 celery stalks

No comments:

Post a Comment