Saturday, March 10, 2012

There Was an Old Lady...

I've been going through my pictures and noticing all of the things I've missed posting about.  Its a bit off season to be thinking about Halloween right now (seeing as St. Patrick's Day is less than a week away), but I think this post could possibly relate to all seasons (if you have the right book).

My boys love these series of There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a... series.  We have a Swallowed a Bell for Christmas.  I think we have one for Thanksgiving too.  So for Halloween we read this one:


I printed out a big ol' lady (I can't remember where I found her from, so if its from you, let me know so I can give you credit where credit is due!), colored, and laminated her.  Then I found different pictures on google to go along with the "items" the old lady swallowed.


As I read the book, Marvel and Cap would take turns putting the items in the old lady's belly.


When we were all done, Marvel decided he wanted to be the old lady, so we retold the story as Marvel swallowed a...


Like I said before, if you have the other books, you can do this for the other seasons as well.  I made items for the Christmas book too (just forgot to take pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment