Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chili Mac

In my quest to find and make food that Marvel can eat, I acquired several allergy-free cookbooks.  One of which being Allergy Proof Recipes for Kids.  Like all cookbooks, I hang on to them for several months (sometimes even years), taking them out occasionally to look through and make lists of things I'd like to make, then one day I actually make a recipe out of them! Oh my, gasp, oo, ah!  There was such an occasion that occurred just last week.  I opened up my Allergy Proof Recipes for Kids and actually made a recipe.  I didn't have high expectations, but I was greatly surprised when my kids scarfed it down, had seconds, AND an hour later asked for more.  It was crazy.  I guess it was a hit.  I DO have to admit that the sauce was a little, mmm, off?  So I added about a teaspoon of sugar to taste.  


  • 1 box (8-12 oz) gluten-free elbow macaroni (if you don't want to go gluten-free, you can use regular macaroni noodles)
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 3/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 (8 oz) can tomato paste
  • 1 (4 oz) can diced green chili peppers, drained
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
Cook noodles according to the package directions.  Rinse with cold water and set aside.

In a skillet, brown beef and onion until cooked completely.  Stir in the tomato paste plus one can (8 oz) of water.  Add the chili peppers, chili powder, salt, and garlic.  Add the noodles and the kidney beans and stir to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment