Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mediterranean Chicken

The first time I made this was when we were living in Palm Springs.  I was 8 months pregnant, had a tiny outdated kitchen, and humongous silver dollar-sized cockroaches (NOT exaggerating...ask my mom!) running around inside and out.  Not quite the best of memories (especially the time one ran across my back in the night...but that's a story for another time).  Every time I make this it brings me back to those good ol' days of living in the desert oasis we then called home.  Luckily I don't usually think of nasty gigantic bugs when I eat this, cuz its sweet and tasty (the chicken that is)!


  • 1 cup oil-based Italian salad dressing
  • 1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 4 oz each), pounded to 1/4" thickness (I usually forget this step)
Preheat grill (or stove...I usually don't grill this, just do it in a pan on the stove).  Blend salad dressing, orange juice concentrate and salt in a medium bowl.  Remove 1/3 of the marinade and reserve for basting.  Trim any fat from chicken; pierce with a fork.  Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat.  Remove chicken from marinade; drain well.  Discard marinade in bowl.  Brush grill rack with oil to prevent chicken from sticking.  Grill chicken, turning and basting frequently with reserved marinade, for about 15 minutes.

Good served with grilled vegetables or pasta.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment