Thursday, October 6, 2011

8 is Great!

It's been a couple months since Marvel's birthday, but I STILL can't believe my baby is 8!

Eight, really?

I have an 8 year old? 

It seems like just last year he was born.  I remember it like it was last week.  

{This is me pausing and reminiscing about my first born son's birth}

 This is a big birthday for Marvel for many reasons.  

He gets to start Cub Scouts.  Believe me, this is a BIG deal in our household!  He's been begging me to join scouts for 2 years now.  This boy was born a scout (although he may be disappointed when he finds out its not ALL about shooting bow and arrows, catching lizards, canoeing, and building fires!).


For his birthday, my parents bought him a boyscout uniform (and new suit!!) and handbook.  
It was probably his favorite gift of all!

The most important part of Marvel turning 8, was he chose to be baptized into our church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  It is definitely important to Music Man and I to have our children baptized into the church that we hold near and dear to our hearts, but it is even more important that they make the decision themselves whether or not to join.  Due to some "technical difficulties" (aka we basically had a hard time getting a date set in stone), he wasn't able to do it until a month and a half after his birthday.  That was REALLY hard for him.  He was SO excited and didn't want to wait.  

(Marvel with our Bishop on his baptism day)

We believe that when we are baptized by immersion, our sins are washed away.  We are made clean through the atonement of Jesus Christ.  We talked with Marvel about this a lot before his baptism.  Something to know about him, is that he has such a pure, tender heart.  He can be a major stinker, but when it comes down to it, he is such a good boy with a REALLY good heart.  He's a worrier.  So he was so excited to have all of his sins washed away.  He prayed every night that he could hurry and be baptized so he could be washed clean (seriously, this kid worries too much) and that he could receive the Holy Spirit so he would be able to make better decisions (I love my boy!).

Finally his baptism day came!  He chose to have his dad baptize him and confirm the gift of the Holy Ghost upon him. 



Three generations!


Marvel and his grandpas.


 A proud mama and her baby!


Marvel's friend was also baptized the same day.


We had lots of family come to support Marvel (most everyone from both sides!), but of course I only got one picture with my parents and my 3 little sisters.


I am so proud of Marvel for the decisions he has made to strive his hardest to be the best person that he can be and to do his best to please his Father in Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment